Westinghouse is confident in its longstanding pledge: "You can be sure…if it's Westinghouse." Through ethical behavior and sound environmental, health, and safety considerations, Westinghouse continues its commitment to excellence.
Ethical Behavior Westinghouse conducts its business affairs in an ethical and proper manner and in full compliance with all laws and regulations. In conducting its business, integrity underlies all relationships, including those with customers and suppliers, and among employees.
All employees in the performance of their business activities are required to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to meet the highest standards of ethical business conduct. The standards set forth in the Westinghouse Electric Company Code of Business Ethics outline a number of ethical parameters governing our business.
Community Service Westinghouse employees are encouraged to participate in all aspects of community service. From fundraising to public office to youth and recreation programs, Westinghouse appreciates employee contributions. Through our annual Westinghouse Community Service Award, we recognize employees who contribute outstanding personal service to their communities and award a grant to a nonprofit organization of the recognized employees' choice.
Environment, Health, and Safety Commitment It is our policy to design, produce, market, and distribute our products and services and to conduct our operations in an environmentally sound, socially responsible manner. We consider the impact our actions may have on the environment and on the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors, customers, and the public.
Westinghouse is committed to:
- Providing safe working conditions to protect the health and safety of employees
- Reducing waste, preventing pollution, conserving resources, and using energy efficiently in all our operations
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health, and safety legislation and regulations, as well as any other requirements to which the Company subscribes
- Continually improving environment, health, and safety management systems and performance by establishing and maintaining meaningful objectives and targets, taking into consideration significant environment, health, and safety aspects, technological options, and legal, operational, business, and other requirements
- Establishing and maintaining procedures to identify the potential for, and response to, accidents and emergency situations, and preventing and mitigating the impacts associated with them
- Training employees to work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Effectively managing and promptly resolving impacts from historical operations in a manner that minimizes risks and liabilities while accommodating current operations
- Periodically monitoring, auditing and evaluating environment, health, and safety performance as it relates to applicable requirements and established objectives and targets
Each employee of Westinghouse is responsible for supporting these commitments within his or her area of responsibility.