As the supplier of the world's first PWR in 1957 in Shippingport, Pennsylvania (USA) and the Original Equipment Manufacturer for many of the world’s PWRs, Westinghouse offers a full complement of nuclear services to keep PWR nuclear plants operating safely and competitively.
Our customers rely on us to support their need for reliable plant operation, maximized power output and better outages. Our global presence and localized approach to project implementation enable us to provide the support our customers need.
The Westinghouse Resident Site Manager (RSM) Program offers an effective way to strategically communicate key industry information, supplement plant personnel and provide additional oversight to ensure top-quality plant performance. The RSM is located at the plant site as a member of the plant manager’s staff, and is the primary contact for services performed by Westinghouse.
Westinghouse works closely with customers to provide PWR services in many areas including the following:
- Engineering services that help plants improve reliability and sustain regulatory compliance through plant analyses and management programs
- Field services such as outage support, advanced products, nuclear power plant component services and training
- Installation and modification services, including plant engineering, welding and machining, and site installation; and manufacturing operations that produce precision components including reactor vessel internals, cranes and fuel-handling equipment for new and operating plants.
- Manufacturing operations for precision stainless steel components including reactor vessel internals, reactor coolant pumps, and control element drive mechanisms, as well as cranes, crane components and fuel-handling equipment
- Decontamination, decommissioning and remediation services, at the end of a long, safe plant life, so that the site can be made available for other uses. We provide integrated services and solutions – from planning to greenfield – to the global nuclear power plant market
As a leader in PWR design, services and solutions, Westinghouse and its technical personnel are very engaged with most PWR utility owners throughout the world through the Pressurized Water Reactor Owners Group and are thus often on the forefront of products that enhance safety, expedite regulatory processes, relax over-burdensome regulations, while improving plant operations and inspection cycles.
See All PWR Products and Services