The Westinghouse Small Modular ReactorWestinghouse, the pioneer and world leader in nuclear technology, is meeting the increasing challenges faced by today's global power industry with the introduction of its small modular reactor (SMR) design.
The Westinghouse SMR is a >225 MWe integral pressurized water reactor with all primary components located inside the reactor vessel.
Passive safety systems and proven components – realized in the industry-leading AP1000® plant design – are incorporated throughout to achieve the highest levels of safety and to reduce the number of components required. The Westinghouse SMR is fueled by an adaptation of our Westinghouse fuel design, the industry's most proven and widely-used fuel design. It also leverages the latest U.S. NRC-licensed safety and security features.
Westinghouse Technical Leadership and Certainty
- Nuclear is our only business…it's our core competency
- 15,000 dedicated nuclear personnel strong
- More than 6,000 reactor years of safe, commercial operations experience
Westinghouse SMR Economic Certainty
- Contributes to local, regional, and national technology development
- Accelerates economic development
- Stimulates job growth
- Supports workforce development
- Improves standards of living for current and future generations