The Westinghouse Solution
The Westinghouse BOP and Design Engineering instrumentation and control systems (I&C) engineers have decades of experience supporting power generation, oil & gas, and industrial infrastructure projects. Westinghouse provides a wide range of services for integrated, comprehensive solutions for small minor modifications up to and including large, complex component replacements and plant-wide modification projects.
- Plant modifications and upgrades to existing plant control and monitoring systems, including detailed design and implementation.
- Designing modifications for both analog and digital equipment for control and monitoring systems to ensure compliance with the plant licensing basis and industry standards.
- Criteria, including EMI/RFI, cyber security and critical digital asset evaluations, and failure modes and effects analyses.
- Preparing and developing digital upgrade project plans, including budget and schedules, system upgrade evaluation, software and hardware specifications, factory and site acceptance and component and system test requirements
- Power uprates including Leading Edge Flow Meters (LEFM)
- Selection and Specifications for PLC’s, DCS’, and Process Instrumentation
Major Projects include:
- AP1000 Control Systems
- Power Plant Capacity Uprates
- Digital I&C Upgrades
- Nuclear Fuel Facility Upgrades
Major Types of Projects:
- I&C Systems Upgrades and Modifications
- Power Uprate Instrumentation Setpoints and Scaling Calculations and Modifications
- Implementation and Digital Systems and Upgrades to Existing Systems
- nstruments, Control Valves and Controls Specification, Data Sheets, and Procurement
- Installation Strategy and Support